So what does The Ladder really do?
Video credit: Jean Moon
- It sets a routine up for kids that connects them to their peers as well as adults in healthcare careers
- By design it builds leadership from within, teaching kids to mentor and models the positive behavior by being mentors for them too.
- It provides learning concrete and useful skills like CPR, taking blood pressure or filling out a college application.
- It sets kids up to be guardians of the community’s health by giving them health and wellness knowledge and skills.
- The service learning components both small and large, empowers youth to make a positive difference in their communities revealing to them their ability to affect change in their lives and the lives of others
- A multi-layered infrastructure creating and sustaining strong bonds, renewing bridges, and establishing linkages, The Ladder.
The Second Saturday of each month, Meetings are the Gatherings and the Foundation to Build Strong Bonds. Fourth grade, through Middle school, to High school, College, Medical school, Resident and Intern Physicians all the way to Attending Physicians…all members of The Ladder.
“Lift as you Climb, Build as you Grow”